March 11, 2014
Really enjoying your new use of instagram and the photos you’ve been posting to your website.
Yes, you just got home from a long tour and could be taking it easy. But since the pictures were taken in your “workroom,” here’s hoping you are:
1. Figuring out how to work the new songs from High Hopes into the setlists for the upcoming shows.
2. Looking over your back catalog and considering some new things to play this spring (how about “30 Days Out?”)
3. Putting together the River box-set.
4. Arranging that new full-band version of “Real World” I suggested to you last year.
5. Listening to recordings from past shows and finding some favorites to use for the start of an archive download series.
6. Thinking about balancing your setlists with both your “classic” material – songs such as “Badlands” and “Born in the USA” and the best of your “contemporary” material – songs such as “Long Walk Home” and “Rocky Ground.”
7. Drafting new essays for an update to the Songs book (you’ve put out 6 albums since The Rising!)
8. Reading the latest issue of Backstreets and making sure we didn’t make any mistakes.
9. Mulling over that auto-biography you’ve had kicking around for a while.
10. Writing new songs!